This is from my old blog, the Geekie Hellenist.
This is my ritual for the Sacrifices to the Heroines. I have learned that you can use this ritual for any heroine that you want. I’m choosing real heroines, those that have done great things, and not those that think they have.
1) Purify the Altar area.
2) Take the barley and say, “As it was done in ancient times. I purify and cleanse this altar with this barley. With this barley I purify this altar and space so that I may give offerings, libations, and speak with glory and respect the gods of Mt. Olympus.”
3) Light a candle and say a hymn to Hestia.
Hestia, you who guard the sacred shrine of the Lord Apollon. The far-darter at goodly Pathos. With soft oil dripping ever from your locks. Come now to this house, come having one mind with Zeus the all wise-draw near, and with all bestow favor upon my song.”
Prayer to Hestia
Hestia, gracious goddess who sits at the heart of each home, who lives in the heart of each one who reveres you, each one who holds you dear, each one who turns to you for strength and harmony.
Hestia, goddess most needful, goddess most serene, goddess most esteemed, the heart of the city is yours as well, great goddess; within your realm are those who serve the state, who work for all the good of all–your blessings fall on the honest, goddess, your wrath on the corrupt, on those who betray their trust for gain. Defender of the householder, guardian of the hearthfire, Hestia, I praise and honor you.
4) Let your chosen Heroine know that your here by saying their name and adding ‘hear me.’ This isn’t a command, but to let the heroine know that your here. This really works if your heroine is dead. But, somehow, they seem to know that your talking about them. Make sure that you let them know the reason that your mentioning them.
5) Say a prayer to your heroine, however you want to say it.
6) Pour Libation to your heroine
7) Offer Incense to your heroine.
8) Offer food to your heroine.
9)End the ritual by saying, “Hestia, goddess of home and hearth, to you I offer last of all as a pious mortal should. Tend to those whom I love and guard the houses of the pious. As the gods will it, so it shall be.”
It is so!
Dump the entire container that you’ve poured your wine or grape juice into outside and then that ends it.